When: Thursdays 3-4 pm
Where: The Graham Academy
110 Humber Road
Who: Kindergarten to grade 3
10 sessions from Jan 23 – Mar 36
Faculty: Craig Caines (see bio below)
REGISTER TODAY AT GMSM.CA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Start your music journey with a dynamic and creative bucket drumming class. Popular music will be selected that will engage and energize our aspiring musicians.
This is a fun way to establish rhythms with students from kindergarten and up.
Bucket drumming provides a unique, fun learning environment for children. It allows them to:
- Collaborate while developing self-expression
- Learn to play a variety of rhythms using buckets & sticks
- Develop hand-eye coordination
- Increase self-discipline and active listening
- Gain an understanding of melody and syllables
- Provide a steady beat/pulse along with recorded music (both pop and children’s music)
- Perform in front of an audience
- AND IT’S JUST A BUCKET LOAD OF FUN!!
CRAIG CAINES – FACULTY BIOGRAPHY
Craig Caines has lived in Corner Brook for most of his life and loves to call it home. He has been an educator for over 10 years in the K-12 school system and has spent the majority of this time as an Instructional Resource Teacher, working with kids of all ages. In addition to this, Mr. Caines has been playing drums for over 20 years and is extremely grateful to have music in his life. He has come to truly appreciate the value of music and sees it as a means of self-expression, a way to make life-long friends, and an important part of culture and the arts. He is thankful every day that his cousin and best friend convinced him to get a drum kit for Christmas many years ago! His main goal for this program is to instill a love of rhythm in his students so that they too can experience all the gifts that music has to offer!
To register please click the link below